Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday 17th October 2016 - 40%


"One paper published by a Duke University researcher in 2006 found that more than 40 percent of the actions people performed each day weren’t actual decisions, but habits"
  from The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg.


Had a nice quiet evening so got a chance to play Rolling in the ryegrass and Blackhaired lass loads of times.  I find you have to balance a bit of fast play along to a session recording (the comhaltas book or a youtube video or whatever you have) with slowing things down.
The fast is pretty much for fun - maybe it also brings up your confidence and breathing - but really for me I'm just having fun (which is good otherwise I should stop now!).
The slow is to really get the technique right.  Making sure the tone of every note is as good as I can make it .. working on each cut and tap to get it nice and clean.

Then I do some very boring breathing and cut exercises.  I don't enjoy these but I think they will eventually help.

You have to balance out these things but more than anything I think you have to keep doing it every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment