Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

1st November 2016 - Spring Forward .. Fall Forward



I was on the phone to a friend in Melbourne this morning.

1st day of Summer and raining a lot.  He's Irish so may not have used exactly that phrase.

He was commenting on the videos I took of the Comhaltas tour.

In a very roundabout way this got me thinking about things.  Sort of a breadcrumb of Seasons .. time .. change .. music .. what direction does this change have ..

Maybe when the calendar gives you a change like a birthday or new years you think about where you are and where you're going.

So, I asked, where is it that I want to go with this?
I asked the question two days ago around thinking of yourself as being the person you want to be.  Do I have a vision for this?  Do I know what I want?  Am I playing tunes in my sitting room?  Am I literally walking into Pat Olwell's workshop to collect a flute?  Am I playing in sessions?

A couple of years ago I asked a local pub owner if he would be interested in a few people starting a session in his pub.  He was.  Is that a Friday evening or a Sunday morning soon?

I think that if you have a better idea of where you'd like to end up you have a much better chance of getting there.

It's the start of Winter.  Where do I want to be on the first of Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment