Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

3rd November 2016 - Second octave


I'm both enjoying and getting frustrated by the second range on the new flute.

It's been just over a week and a few of the tunes are well in the second octave.

The newest tune Connachtman's Rambles has come along at just the right time to make me work hard on those octave jumps.

I tend to start a session with clean enough g', a' and b' but as time goes by I find it increasingly slips away and the higher notes either get breathy or honk down to the lower octave.  You can imagine I don't love that sound.

It is without a doubt demanding but I can feel the progress even in the past week.
It's rewarding when you get it.  Frustrating when you don't.
Adding cuts and taps to it (especially for some reason cuts on the g') adds to the difficulty.

But .. it is progressing .. plod plod


No comments:

Post a Comment