Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

21st November 2016 - Pick it up


So tonight I picked up the flute after very little practice for several days.

I honestly said to myself will I even be able to make a decent tone.  I was worried I'd produce terrible sounds - be unable to hit the high g (which was actually improving a lot).

But - it was great in every way.

Firstly the tone was as good as I've ever played.  If anything it was unforced, relaxed.
Once I heard the tone and - unrelated to myself - the lovely sound of the flute (again thank you Mr Olwell) I just said to myself 'wow - I love this thing' and that was it.

Went right through 'Fig for a Kiss' and really enjoyed it.

Played another couple of tunes - all fun and lovely.

It was great.  I loved it.  It was the best part of my day.
And that's what happened next.   Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment